Sometimes it’s hard to tell if someone’s interested in you after a first date. You may get taken by surprise, when you feel someone is totally into you on a date and then you don’t hear from him/her after that. There are always excuses and reasons why you may not hear from a person, if you ask. The truth is, you shouldn’t have to ask if someone’s interested, because you should just know. Sometimes, truth be told, that’s just not enough, and we want to know, when we want to know. We simply aren’t always as patient as we’d like, and sometimes need a little help figuring people out.
It’s true, like in the movie “He’s Just Not That Into You,” If he’s interested, he’ll call.” This isn’t black and white though and you can never been so sure, when you play the guessing game. My advice would be to be patient, develop good communication, and time will tell, and you’ll know soon enough. Well, I’ve come up with a few tips that may help in knowing if he’s into you (for those moments when we’re a little less patient), for when he/she takes a little longer than expected to call.
Here’s my list of 10 ways to know if he’s into you:
1. He texts/calls you for any reason on the way home from your date.
2. He asks you out for the next date, while you’re on the date.
3. He asks you questions and listens to your responses during the date and appears interested (beware of the player).
4. He acts generously when ordering dinner (this does NOT mean it’s okay to take advantage of a person by over-ordering, this simply means that he’s trying to display that he likes you and is being generous; it’s a man’s way of showing you he cares about you being satisfied) Note: a good way to show him you care about him, is to say no thank you, when you see he’s getting carried away; some (not all) men appreciate you being concerned for the price of the bill.
5. He pays more attention to you, than the meal.
6. He opens up to you about something personal on the date (might be rare; but if he does, he’s a keeper).
7. He responds to your text/call right away, if you take the plunge and contact him first.
8. If he tells you that he’s going to be busy for awhile or within the next few days/week, be weary if he’s into you (unless, it’s followed by a “but I have to see you though.”
9. If he parks the car and walks you to your door (at the end of the date), there’s a good chance he likes you (hold on to those Southern gentleman, they’re rare and special).
10. If he drives away before you’re inside your home (no matter how late it is), he’s not a gentlemen, nor is he into you.
Having written a list of 10 ways to know if he’s into you, it’s important to make sure you’re into him as well. Remember, it’s not just about “the challenge” to see if someone will want to see you again. Nothing’s worse than people that like to play games with your emotions. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a guy or a girl when it comes to playing with someone’s emotions, it’s wrong and cruel. You shouldn’t wait around for someone to call or text you.
A good way to know if a man is interested in a woman, is that he will call/text you. If he doesn’t call/text, then there’s nothing wrong with giving him a text or a phone call. Think about it this way… If he’s not interested and you haven’t heard from him after a few days or a week, you have nothing to lose by contacting him. The worst thing that could happen is that he won’t respond. If he responds that he’s not interested, at least you’ll know and you can move on. After all, he’s already out of touch, so it doesn’t hurt to try. Go for it!
In my opinion, in early dating, I’ve always preferred to let a man take the lead, because it lets me know if he’s interested. If I’m interested, I respond right away and then he knows I’m interested as well. When I’m comfortable in knowing that a man is interested, then I feel comfortable to initiate conversation as well. It’s never been about a game to me. I suppose I’m a bit old-fashioned in my approach in wanting a man to pursue me in the beginning. I realize that these days, many people would disagree with my approach, but this is my personal way of dating and what works for me.
It’s important to remember that if you’re waiting for a man to call after a first date, then you should keep busy, take care of yourself, and do things that make you feel happy, relaxed, and don’t sit around hopelessly, waiting for his call. You can always work, go out with friends, go buy a new dress for your possible second date, take a bubble bath, make a juice, or go to the gym and get your endorphins flowing. Just be happy and be patient. If it concerns you enough if a man is interested, call him. Remember, being patient to see if a man is interested in you, waiting a few days, and letting him take the lead isn’t playing games, it’s simply getting an idea if he’s really into you. Remember, if he’s not into you, there are plenty of fish in the sea and there’s someone special for everyone, even you.
Latest posts by Anne Cohen (see all)
- The Pet Name: One of the Easiest Ways to Tell He’s Losing Interest - May 23, 2017
- 7 Big Mistakes People Make Before Going on a First Date - May 23, 2017
- The Importance of ‘Being Ready’ to Date - May 23, 2017