The electrical wires need good protection of the rock-solid shield. The protection for the wires is available in different materials, and you can opt for any according to your preference. But the protection provided by the metal conduit is remarkable. The metal conduits are available at a huge scale and variety, and you can buy any from the lot according to your need and preferences. The type of conduit depends on its use, adaptability, application, and suitability.
Things to Know About Metal Conduit Fittings
When you are going to start an electrical project, you need to keep in mind that conduit fitting must be appropriate, and it depends on the national electrical code which differs from one location to another. You need to select the right type of metal conduit fittings according to the project. The following categories of the conduit fittings will help you to know it in detail.
Different Types of Conduits Available in The Market:
There are different kinds of conduits available in the market with different features and specifications. These conduits are used in different applications as well.
- RMC: This is the conduit which is used in concealed and exposed applications at the same time. This can safeguard the electrical wires of different types. You can go for this high-end protection when you are dealing with the electrical cables in a project. Normally such electrical conduits are used in the commercial areas and you can consult with an expert to choose the best metal conduit fittings.
- EMT: The use of EMT conduits is remarkably seen in the case of metallic tubing that has a chance of corrosion. This type of conduit fitting can keep your product safe from the corrosion. These are rust-proof at the same time. So, you can use this protection on the metallic tubes to get the best result.
- FMC: This stands for the flexible metallic conduit, which is easy to install, but you need to use it only when you are placing it on a dry area. You need to cut the excess conduit after fitting it on the electrical application and such installation can be done by the trained professionals only. You need to use the specific tool for cutting out the excess conduit.
What Are the Advantages of Steel Conduit Fittings?
Apart from these conduits, you will get the steel conduits in the market, and these can give you an extraordinary experience in conduit fitting for protection. The advantages of the steel conduit fittings are given below:
- You can use this conduit fitting in any temperature. It protects the electrical wire in all temperature.
- You can deflect it by using your screws or the hand driven nails easily.
- This conduit is compatible with most of the construction materials
- The steel-based conduit fittings are easy to recycle and don’t get wasted after using an application.
- The use of these conduit fittings is safe and reduces the risk of burn.
- You can also use this conduit to create the path towards the ground without using the supplementary tools for grounding.
These mentioned advantages of the metal conduit fittings make the applications useful and long-lasting. Now the metal conduit fittings are being used in different aspects, and you will get them in the market at a huge scale as well. The metal conduit should have the ability to fulfill your purpose and last for a long time.
It is better to discuss the same with the electrical engineers because they can suggest you the best electrical conduit fittings according to your needs. Then you can search the same online and choose the best quality conduits at a discounted price.