If you’re feeling a little short, chances are you’d be happy to appear a little taller. While many people assume that wearing heels is the only option, they’re actually mistaken. There are quite a few relatively easy ways for you to look taller almost instantly. Let’s take a look at what you can do to make a difference in your perceived height.
Wear Full-Length Flared Pants
Did you know that wearing full-length flared pants can make your legs look longer? This is because they automatically draw attention to the lower half of your body. Make sure the bottom of your pants or jeans doesn’t drag on the floor. When what you’re wearing is too long you can look even shorter. If you’re not a fan of flares, consider wearing long pants that are straight. They should be the right length for your legs.
Think About Your Footwear
Your footwear can make a lot of difference to your perceived height. If you can, try to avoid wearing boots that reach up to your knees. Footwear such as this can make your legs looks shorter. However, lift sneakers and heels can help to add a few inches to your height.
Make Your Socks and Pants Match
We’ve all seen people wear white socks and black pants. White socks tend to be very obvious and they often highlight the end of the pant’s legs. So, avoid this by:
- Opting for socks that match or are a similar color to your pants
- Choosing dark socks if you don’t have black ones
- Considering wearing pantyhose if you don’t like socks
Don’t be afraid to wear pants that reach the top of your shoes. They can hide your socks and help you to look a little taller.
Wear a Scarf or Hat
If you want to draw attention away from your legs, wear a hat or a scarf. Your bottom and the top half will look more balanced out when you do. Be sure to wear a hat or scarf that compliments your eye color. Doing so will draw even more attention to the top half of your body. Try to avoid wearing hats that are too big. They can make you look quite small.
Work on Your Posture
Your posture can say a lot about how you’re feeling. The more upright your posture, the more confident you can appear. However, your posture can also have a huge impact on your height. If you tend to stand with your head and shoulders forward you could look smaller.
Here’s what you can do:
- Stand up straight
- Lift your head forward a little
- Lengthen your spine and torso
- Keep your shoulders wide
- Make sure your feet are firmly on the ground
- If you notice yourself slouching at any time, adjust your posture
When you stand up straighter you don’t just look more confident, you look taller. While you may only be an inch or so taller, that inch can make a difference. After a while, you will automatically stand with a good posture.
When you regularly undertake stretching exercises you help to improve your posture. Stretching exercises tend to be quite easy to carry out. All that you need to do is:
- Lie on the floor on top of a yoga mat or blanket
- Stretch your body out from your toes to your fingers
- Stretch out even more if you can
- Continue to stretch until it stops being comfortable
- Relax your body and breathe
- Stretch again and continue to stretch for 5-10 minutes
- Remember to relax your body and breathe after each stretch
If you have joint issues or you experience pain while you’re stretching please be careful. Consult your doctor if you’re worried about hurting yourself while you stretch. They may be able to give you a few hints and tips that could help.
Dress in Monochrome
When you wear colors that are in the same color spectrum you look taller. This is thanks to there being no break in your body line. Your body will automatically look longer. It is possible to make yourself look taller. With the right footwear, posture, and outfits, you could look and feel taller. Think about how you too can use the above tips and make them work for you. If you can’t change your wardrobe right now, work on your posture in the meantime. You’ll be surprised by how much difference it makes.
- Everything You Need To Know About Breast Augmentation Surgery - September 15, 2023
- How To Host the Perfect Baby Shower - September 15, 2023
- Tips To Transform Your Outdoor Entertainment Area - July 19, 2023