Laser treatment has become very popular with the advancement of science and technology. Earlier people used to feel anxious about the safety of laser treatment but in the present generation, laser treatment inexpensive clinics have become a trend.
Laser treatment is used for dealing with the problems varying from the skin to hair to eyes. Lasers are also used to treat cancer by shrinking or destroying tumors or other cancerous growths. Laser treatment can be called a boon to human beings. People are nowadays opting for laser hair removal as it is safe with lesser side effects.
What Is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is widely practiced in laser clinics under the guidance of an experienced professional. It is a process of hair removal using laser light that destroys the hair follicle. The procedure is conducted using devices designed and priced for providing consumer safety.
The Process of Laser Hair Removal:
- Laser hair removal is a cosmetic procedure where laser light is used to remove unwanted hair from different parts of the body.
- Before going for laser hair removal, an appointment with a renowned and experienced doctor is taken to discuss the costs, pros, and cons of the procedure.
- Just before the procedure, the hair that will be removed is trimmed to a few millimeters above the skin surface.
- Topical numbing medicine is applied twenty to thirty minutes before the laser treatment.
- During the procedure, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the melanin in the hair.
- The light changes to heat to damage the tube-shaped sacs within the skin that produces hair.
- When the procedure is complete, ice packs or anti-inflammatory creams or lotions are applied to the affected area for comfort.
- This procedure damages or delays further hair growth.
- Laser hair removal conducted in laser clinics is not a permanent treatment.
- Multiple sessions are required with maintenance treatment as well.
- The laser damages only the hair follicle and not the skin.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal:
- Lasers are used to remove unwanted hair from the face, leg, chin, back, underarm, bikini line and other areas.
- Laser hair removal is done in laser clinics can target dark coarse hair without causing any damage to the surrounding skin.
- Laser hair removal is a time-saving procedure. It takes some minutes to an hour only to remove unwanted hair growth.
Side Effects of Laser Hair Removal:
- Laser hair removal can make the skin tingle and sensitive because it destroys the hair follicles.
- There may be redness or itching in the affected area.
- Some people may experience skin crusting after hair removal in laser clinics. Crusting can lead to scabbing or scarring of the affected area.
- Laser hair removal might result in slight color changes in the treated area. Especially people with lighter complexion may experience pigmentation changes.
- Laser hair removal involves powerful lasers which might affect the eyes especially while removing facial hair.
- There might be a risk of skin infections.
Rare Side Effects:
- There is a rare risk of burns and blisters if laser hair removal is not done properly.
- Scars may occur if the doctor at laser clinics is not experienced or if people do not care for the treated area properly.
- All You Should Know About Roller Shutters - June 7, 2021
- Signs of Roof Repairs and How To Hire a Roof Repair Specialist - March 30, 2021
- How Quality Screen Doors Can Give You Better Protection - January 31, 2021