Hay sheds as the term indicates, are structures that protect the hay from the vagaries of nature. Since farming is a big industry and occupation in Australia, hay sheds are very common. Also since hay is dried grass and cannot afford to be exposed to moisture, most often the material for the sheds needs to be metal or any other anti-corrosive material. Very often galvanized steel is used.
What Are Hay Sheds?
Hay is a natural element and is used by farmers as fodder or food for the animals. Hence is one of the most valuable assets to a livestock farmer or else farmers will be forced to search for an alternative feeding material option due to the uncertain weather in Australia. Getting the right shed to store hay is crucial to keep the livestock of a farmer in top condition. A hay shed protects the hay out of the sun, wind, rain, and other environmental condition.
It is any grass that has been cut. It is used as a fodder to feed livestock during the winter months.
Hay sheds are Australian made sheds that are either open or partially enclosed structures with high flexibility. The material needs to be strong and tough as it has to ensure maximum storage capacity and protection of hay. These sheds are usually available in any size as per the requirement of customers. This shed is used, especially in rural and remote areas in Australia where farming is prominent.
Hay sheds come in many different shapes and sizes. And there are many aspects to consider when selecting a hay shed for your farm.
The decision of a farmer largely depends on the processes, equipment, and size of your operation. Hay sheds are available as per custom design. It not only keeps your feed dry but also maximizes functionality. It is budget-friendly without compromising the quality.
Advantages of Hay Sheds:
- Protect your Hay from weather damage: Hay is usually stored in an open front farm. Hay is a valuable product. An open front store ensures the farmers the best protection of their feeds from the damages due to weather. Baled hay is also prone to spontaneous combustion, which can cause a fire. This open side allows proper ventilation which decreases the likelihood of spontaneous combustion.
- Easily Accessible: A large and open access hay shed ensures the easy access of hay to the farmers. A large hay shed not only makes the feed easier to load and unload, but it also helps with cycling through your bay.
- Extendable: Extendable hay store is available in the Australian market. Though the primary need of hay shed is to store the fodder especially during winter, it can be used for other purposes also thereby growing the business.
- Customized to Suit Your Needs: The needs of every farmer are different largely depending on the business size, livestock, etc. Hence the sheds should suit those specific needs of the farmer. The height, size, sheeting type, and colors can vary from one to the other largely depending on the choice and needs of the farmer.
To sum up, a hay shed is essential for Australian farmers to store and protect their feeds for future use. If you want your hay safe and secure for long, investing for quality hay shed would be a good option for you.
- Cost-Effective Alternator Replacement Service - May 17, 2020
- Various Venetian Plaster Courses - May 11, 2020
- Various Types of House Extensions Commonly Seen at Residential Properties - May 3, 2020