Globetrotting without deep pockets may be difficult, but it’s definitely not impossible. After all, there are so many ways to save money when buying or booking these days. Take, for instance, coupons and discounts. Coupon code insights reveal that in 2017 consumers saved $3.1 billion by using coupons. However, while many people are aware of how to stay within the confines of their budget in a foreign land, they often are unaware of the ways to save on air travel while reaching their destination. Picking the right day, month, time, and route when booking your tickets can actually save you a good amount. Not sure how? Let’s give you an idea. Below are ways to save on air travel to five different nations:
1. Ways to Save on Air Travel to Italy
All the best foods have a home in Italy so there’s nothing surprising if you decide to visit the European country. From making your way to the Colosseum to checking out the Leaning Tower of Pisa, there are lots of tourist attractions that the country has.
Talking about foods to try, just don’t miss out on pizza, pasta, and gelato. Now coming to the point, how can you save on airfare when Italy is your destination? There are several ways to save on air travel when headed to Italy. Here are some:
- Tickets are pricier when you plan to take off on a weekend. Fly from Monday to Thursday to save bucks.
- Along with famous consolidator websites like Priceline and Kayak, also check out local Italian ones like Vayama.
- If you are flying in from outside Europe, look for flights at least 22 weeks prior. When traveling from within Europe, book your flight 6 weeks beforehand.
- Consider getting to a European hub like London or Dublin before flying to Italy.
2. Ways to Save on Air Travel to Australia
Are you a nature lover? Chances are your next destination is Australia. The Land Down Under is known for its beaches, desserts, and wide, open spaces. In no way does this mean though that it doesn’t have modernization encapsulating it.
From the Sydney Harbor Bridge to the city’s Opera House, there are just so many sites worth treating your eyes to. Though the country is fairly expensive, tourists can travel on a budget by being smart. Moving to the airfare, here are some ways to save on air travel when flying to Australia:
- Travel from April to July for cheaper flights since this is the low season.
- If you plan to visit the country during peak times, book your flight a year in advance.
- Look for coupons and discounts when the year starts. For instance, you can use a promo code for fetching a better deal.
- Book tickets through agents rather than directly from airlines.
- You can get the lowest prices on a Sunday.
3. Ways to Save on Air Travel to the United Kingdom
Big Ben, London Eye, Tower Bridge – so many spots to see, such little time! This is the case when you travel to the UK which is one of the most common tourist-loved countries. The country is known for several reasons – from the existence of the Queen and her heirs to the tea served.
When in the United Kingdom, don’t forget to try the famous fish and chips. You can backpack through the country and easily save a lot as you enjoy the simple pleasures like black cabs and red buses. When booking a flight to the country, don’t forget to save money through these tips:
- Currently, the cheapest flights are available in February but generally, September and October are good times to book your visit.
- While Saturday is the most expensive day for booking flights, Wednesday is the cheapest.
- Try to book your tickets at least 6 to 22 weeks prior depending on your location.
- It’s cold in the UK this time of the year. So make sure to pack some Jackets. Use outwear coupons to save on those items.
- Check out routes that have one or two stops before you reach your destination. These are cheaper than direct flights.
4. Ways to Save on Air Travel to Turkey
A crossover between the East and the West, Turkey has earned a spot in the list of the most visited countries by tourists. When in Turkey, do visit popular sites such as the Hagia Sophia museum or the Blue Mosque. While the country is safe, beware of pick-pocketers.
If you are a shopaholic, you might as well fall in love with the bazaars as Turkey is known for all things colorful. The stunning waters, cobblestone streets, and hospitable attitude of locals are surely going to leave you impressed. About ways to save on air travel, check out these suggestions:
- To save, book your trip in the colder season between October and April.
- If you’d like to travel in spring, book a flight from April to May.
- Land in Istanbul rather than in Ankara or another city.
- You can snag the best deals through sites like Secret Flying.
- When looking for the cheapest route mention Turkey as your destination, not the name of any of its cities.
5. Ways to Save on Air Travel to France
Did you know that France is the most visited country in the world with 89 million tourists? The City of Lights is known for the romance floating in its air. From proposals in front of the Eiffel Tower to dances on a rainy day, you’ve likely seen many movies portraying such an image of France too.
The climate of the country may be extreme, but there’s always stuff to do that can make up for any day’s bad weather. Try to make some money for fine dining and enjoying the lovely wine that the country is known for. Now moving to how you can save on airfare, here are some tips:
- Try a budget-friendly French airline such as XL Airways.
- Travel to the country during the off-season when there are no vacations going on that invite more visitors. This is the time from November to the end of March.
- Buy your tickets during wee hours, that is late at night or super early in the morning.
- Book your flight about 4 months before departure for getting the best value out of your ticket purchase.
To sum up, when it comes to saving for traveling if there’s the will, there’s away. We’ve discussed how you can save on air travel to five countries. Do you have any tips to add to our brief overviews? Tell us in the comments!
- STD During Pregnancy – Things You Need To Know - April 15, 2020
- Big Data Can Power Your Upcoming Easter Marketing Campaign - April 12, 2020
- Ways to Save on Air Travel to Five Different Countries - November 20, 2019