Anyone who has been facing asthmatic problems since many years can take the help of nebulizers. This technically advanced device manages to convert liquid medications present inside into vapour form. The technology enables it to treat a variety of problems such as COPD, bronchiectasis, asthma, and cystic fibrosis. However, it is not being claimed here that this device can completely cure the above-mentioned problems.
Easier To Use Than Inhalers
While looking for nebulizer for sale one many think that its usage would be complicated, but that’s not true. They are most suitable for all adults and children who find it difficult to follow the directions given on inhalers. The inhalers give directions for which breathing coordination is necessary, like breathing deep or breathing out. Patients with persistent coughs can also make use of this device.
A patient with the nebulizer needs to sit with a mask and breathe in and out in a slow manner, over 10-15 minutes. People familiar with the nebulizers use them 3-4 times a day.
How To Use a Nebulizer
Detailed instructions with respect to the use of a nebulizer are already present on the device. It would still be beneficial for any potential user to go through the rules. Here is the technique to be followed:
- The nebulizer’s compressor should be kept on a flat surface for it to be able to reach a power outlet
- Different pieces of the device must be cleaned prior to use
- One must always remember to wash hands before prepping medication in the nebulizer
- Medication must be premixed and put into the right container. In case more is requires, it can always be added.
- The nebulizer’s tube has to be connected to the compressor and liquid container
- Attach the mask or mouthpiece
- To check if the machine is misting or not, turn on its switch
- The mask has to be put into the mouth, upon which the mouth around has to be shut
- Allow the medicine to go through by taking slow breaths
- During the entire treatment process, the liquid container must be upright
Cough Treatment Using Nebulizers
As mentioned above, when medicated vapours are inhaled through the nebulizer, they are able to make respiratory conditions better. It has not been prescribed by any doctor for use against coughs yet but is certainly suited to many other respiratory illnesses.
Coughing is simply a response to any type of throat irritant. They show symptoms of underlying conditions responsible for the cough. Such conditions could either be short term or long term and could be one or more of the following:
- Acid reflux
- Exposure to smoke
- Lung irritation
- Heart disease
Matches the Body’s Breathing Pattern
Nebulizers follow the body’s natural breathing pattern, allowing respiratory medication to get to the lungs quicker than inhalers. However, they may not be able to attach the cough’s underlying cause in 100% of the situations. One must get in touch with a physician first before using the device.
One of the reasons why a nebulizer can be used easily is that it is lightweight, and thereby highly portable. An asthmatic patient who goes out of station will find the nebulizer more comfortable and convenient than the inhaler.
Importance of Cleaning the Nebulizer
The outbreak of Covid-19 has highlighted the fact that respiratory problems cannot be taken lightly anymore. To prevent these infections, one must remember to wash the mouthpiece and the medicine cup after every use of the device. Soap water can be used for this purpose, after which the components must be air-dried. Weekly cleaning is important for the sanitiser, which can be done by soaking it in a solution with equal parts of water and vinegar, for 30 minutes.
Precautions To Keep in Mind During Use of a Nebulizer
- Nebulizers will be effective only if they are kept clean. Liquids in the form of medications are present inside nebulizers, and one cannot risk infection by air when not cleaned well enough.
- Apart from cleaning, the nebulizer’s spacers, tubes, and masks have to be dried after use as well
- Do not share the equipment with a close friend or a loved one, even if the thought is very tempting.
- Do not skip the instructions on the machine, irrespective of high the confidence level might be
How To Ensure Safety From COVID-19
Coronavirus has been responsible for the Covid-19 pandemic and has proved destructive in all countries of the world during the year 2020. However, the nebulization technique has been declared safe for Covid, but one must exercise caution. Doctors state that filters in these nebulizers are 93% effective in fighting against exhaled droplets. Therefore, it is safe to say that even though nebulizers do not have the cure, they are able to provide relief from different respiratory syndromes.
- Want to Buy A Baby Highchair? Here’s Something Worth Reading Before - March 1, 2021
- Everything About Cancer: From the Signs to the Best Treatment Available - February 23, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying Dried Porcini Mushrooms - January 15, 2021