Many times people go through breakups, and can’t wait for the moment that they no longer feel pain or sadness from the loss.If anything, when you’re ‘really’ over someone, many times you don’t consider it a loss at all, but more so, a blessing. I decided to put together a list of 24 ways to KNOW that there’s no turning back, and that the past is dead and gone, and you’re truly over your ex.
1. You ignore the person’s calls, texts, and emails.
2. If they left any of their stuff at your place, you’re ready to either give it back or throw it out. Although, you’d likely prefer throwing it out, so that you don’t have to see them again.
3. You delete them from all of your social media.
4. You hope you don’t accidentally run into them when you’re out and about.
5. You feel emotionally ready to start dating others.
6. You stop thinking about them throughout your day. You’re no longer consumed with them, and you’re happy about it.
7. You’ve gotten intimate with someone else, and you feel no guilt whatsoever. Or at least, you’re open to the idea…
8. You no longer check up on them “or stalk them” throughout social media. You’re simply not all that interested anymore.
9. You feel as if “your song” together has not only lost it’s significance, but you either can’t stand to hear it or you think about someone else when you do.
10. You’ve come to the conclusion that maybe you never really loved them. It wasn’t real.
11. You stopped counting the time and days from when you last spoke or saw them.
12. You no longer wish that they’d come back, because reconciliation is no longer something you’d consider.
13. You feel interested in someone else.
14. You delete photos of the two of you together.
15. You don’t talk about them anymore to others.
16. It doesn’t bother you to think of your ex with someone else.
17. You truly don’t want them in your life anymore, and you’re at the point where you know that it’s not a temporary feeling.
18. You know longer feel hate, resentment, or bitterness towards him/her. You might even wish them the best.
19. You suddenly feel calm, lighter, and more focused on yourself and other things, including the possibility of dating others.
20. Seeing pictures of the two of you doesn’t phase you, and you might even feel the urge to delete them.
21. Your focused more on yourself, working out, and doing things that make you feel happy.
22. If you have any of their clothes or belongings in your place, it doesn’t make you reminisce, but more so, feels as a nuisance, and you’d like nothing more than to get rid of them – so they don’t take up space.
23. You don’t feel the urge or desire to contact them on any holiday or even their Birthday.
24. If you were friends before you were in a relationship together or friends and also a couple, and you feel that you can stay friends “without benefits.” As long as you’re both on the same page in that regard.
- How Compatible Are You and Your Partner? - June 29, 2021
- 5 Reasons He Only Wants You When He Can’t Have You - April 13, 2021
- 6 Ways to Give Your New Relationship Your All - November 12, 2020